[horde] Can't connect Oracle

Roger Fishwick roger at keyslider.co.uk
Thu Jul 7 08:10:07 PDT 2005

Assuming you have oci working with php/apache and you have a sql user setup
with the tables created and all this is visible via say sqlplus, then you
probably have the database config slightly wrong, should be something like
this:
horde/config/conf.php
<snip>
$conf['sql']['persistent'] = false;
$conf['sql']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['sql']['password'] = 'horde';
$conf['sql']['hostspec'] = 'rdl6.world';   <as in your tns names >
$conf['sql']['charset'] = 'iso-8859-1';
$conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'oci8';

note it is probably best to start without sessions in the database as the
syntax is slightly different, at least that way you know you have it
working and you can figure out the session values

Roger