[horde] Horde installation prob

Rob Brandt bronto at csd-bes.net
Sat Jul 9 16:02:22 PDT 2005

Thanks.  I changed it to '/horde':

$this->applications['horde'] = array(
    'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/..',
    'webroot' => '/horde',  //was $webroot
    'initial_page' => 'login.php',
    'name' => _("Horde"),
    'status' => 'active',
    'templates' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../templates',
    'provides' => 'horde'
);

I can get the interface now, but when I click on Setup, Horde's status is listed
as "No version found in your configuration. Regenerate configuration."
Clicking on Horde results in the error:

An error occurred while loading
http://dom.ain/horde/admin/setup/config.php?app=horde:

Connection to host dom.ain is broken.

I have checked all my permissions, and apache can write to any of the config
files (I've had trouble with that in previous horde installations).  The mysql
database is properly setup, but I don't think this is an issue because I need
to get past this point to configure horde's use of it(?).  In any case, the
mysql log shows no activity.

I've googled the error above and it doesn't reveal anything.

BTW, the comments in registry.php are a bit equivocal:
"simply change the two uses of the $webroot variable in the 'horde' stanza
below."
There is only one instance of the $webroot variable in that stanza, and leads me
(and probably others) to doubt that this is the stanza you mean to be changed.

Rob

http://your_server/horde/public_html/horde/login.php?Horde=f714834c9b88ed6f67198728fcb838e6