[horde] Problems with Horde and Plesk on Fedora Core 2

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Mon Jul 18 03:15:11 PDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 04:57:53PM +0100, Dave Cross wrote:

> The Horde installation on this new server seems to be broken. See
> http://webmail.dave.org.uk/ for an example. I also get the following
> errors:

[snip]

> It looks to me as tho' something is broken in the configuration of this
> installation, but my PHP isn't really up to tracking it down.

Just got a response from 1and1 support which seems to fix the problem. I'll
quote it here in case it's useful to anyone else.

  Yes, it is a issue with iocube, Plesk and horde. The way to resolve
  this is to just remove the presence of ioncube from php.d :

    mv /etc/php.d/ioncube.ini /etc/php.d/ioncube.ini.bad
    service httpd stop
    service httpd start

  You should find it then works correctly.

I've tried this and everything seems to work fine now.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Dave...

--
  If there's something inside that you wanna say
  Say it out loud it'll be ok