[horde] Country Lookup

Paul Bearne pbearne at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 00:55:15 PDT 2005

Hi

The way I fixed it was to go to
http://www.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/<http://bearne.co.uk/horde/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.maxmind.com%2Fdownload%2Fgeoip%2Fdatabase%2F>.
and get the GeoIP.dat file

And save it to the web site and set the path in the admin control panel
under horder - *Hostname->Country Lookup*

The control panel has follow help text I didn't read first time myself and
copied the wrong file first time and got the CSV

Horde, by default, can do Hostname -> Country lookup using the top level
domain (e.g. 'uk', 'de') of the hostname. However, many popular top level
domains (e.g. 'com', 'net') span more than one country. In these instances,
Horde can use the MaxMind GeoIP Hostname to Country lookup to try to
determine the correct country. To activate this functionality, the
GeoIP.datcountry database must be present on your local system. This
file can be
downloaded free of charge from
http://www.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/<http://bearne.co.uk/horde/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.maxmind.com%2Fdownload%2Fgeoip%2Fdatabase%2F>.
If this database is present, specify the full path name to the database
below. If empty, the GeoIP lookup will not be performed.

I hope this will help

Paul