[horde] account separation problem

Zoltan Arpadffy zoli at polarhome.com
Sat Jul 23 13:44:06 PDT 2005

hi,

polarhome.com is non commercial, educative effort for popularization of
shell enabled operating systems and Internet services, offering shell
accounts, mail and other online services on all available systems
(currently
on Linux, OpenVMS, Solaris, AIX, QNX, IRIX, HP-UX, Tru64, FreeBSD, OpenBSD
and NetBSD ).

Users may have accounts on 14 different servers. It means  that
username1 at host1 is not necessarily same user that owns username1 at host2

We have the following configuration at http://www.polarhome.com/horde/
Horde: 3.0.4
Imp: H3 (4.0.3)
Ingo: H3 (1.0.1)
Kronolith: H3 (2.0.2)
Mnemo: H3 (2.0.1)
Nag: H3 (2.0.1)
Turba: H3 (2.0.2)

IMP is used for access and account verification. It does very well the
mail part.
But other applications assume that username1 is the same user
on all hosts and different users share memos, calendar, they have even
same rights etc.

IMP is used with username and password authentication against predefined
imps servers.

I would expect, if an user log in to horde application as user1 and
authenticates with IMAPS against host1 that his personal settings should
not be mixed with user that owns same username on an another host.

I have been raported this as a BUG, but it has been classified as BOGUS.

I did check all Horde and IMP paramaters, unfortunatelly, could not find
any option that would solve this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,