[horde] Auto-login into Gollem

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 22:13:02 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate Gollem with a J2EE web application so
that users will be able to just press a link in the J2EE application
and get directly forwarded to their FTP home page.

For a start, I tried passing the username and password in the
URL (yes, I know it's not recommanded but just as a test) but
it appears that Gollem uses them to fill the login form fields and
wait for the user to click on the login.  Is there a way to tell it
to carry on with that input without waiting for the user?

A couple more questions:

1. What are other ways that I can transfer the username and
password to Gollem? Cookies? Or maybe will HTTP
authentication work?

2. I also need to transfer the name of the FTP server to login
to. I tried to pass a variable on the URL
and access it from backends.php through $_GET[] but it wasn't
there. Where was it lost? Is there antother way to access it?
(the server name is not a major security concern because that
user should be able to use his credentials only on the right server
anyway, and I should be able to verify its legallity pretty easely).

Thanks,

--Amos