[horde] Auto-login into Gollem

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 02:57:34 PDT 2005

On 8/5/05, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
> Zitat von Amos Shapira <amos.shapira at gmail.com>:
> > I got scripts/cookie_login.php from CVS but I don't understand how
> > to use it. Could you please be more specific?
>
> Do you have a specific question? The script is quite simple and
> straight forward.

Hi Jan,

I am at home now so I setup a minimal configuration of horde 3.0.5 and
gollem 1.0-rc2 on to provide you with the details (the platform is Debian
Sarge on AMD Athlon, php4 from debian, horde and gollem as downloaded
from horde.org).

I use get_login.php for testing but the results are similar:

I setup Gollem as the "application in charge of authentication" and
manage to get gollem's login screen which logs me in when I type
my linux username and password. That's just as a test to see that
the rest of the system works.

Now where should I put the cookie_login.php (or get_login.php) and
how do I weave it into the chain of processing so it will read cookies
(or URL parameters, in the case of get_login.php)  with the
credencials?

I can't call it directly under directory scripts/ because this directory is not
accessible from the web (.htaccess has "deny from all"). But its relative
paths suggest that it can't be executed from Horde's root. Attempting to
copy it to gollem's root and accessing "horde/gollem/cookie_login.php"
I get an error page saying:

A fatal error has occurred
gollem does not provide an authenticate() method.
Details have been logged for the administrator.

The line I find in horde.log for this is:

Aug 05 19:53:34 HORDE [emergency] [horde] gollem does not provide
an authenticate() method. [on line 105 of
"/var/www/horde/lib/Horde/Auth/application.php"]

If I try to copy it to Horde's root and execute it from there I get (expected)
errors about missing files:

Warning: main(/var/www/horde/../lib/base.php): failed to open stream:
No such file or directory in /var/www/horde/get_login.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/var/www/horde/../lib/base.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in
/var/www/horde/get_login.php
on line 13

So what should I do differently?

Thanks very much for taking the time to help me with this.

> Jan.

--Amos