[horde] I: install TRASLATION problem on linux debian

Marco Curradi marco.curradi at asf.toscana.it
Tue Aug 9 00:19:09 PDT 2005

I have a problem with the installation of italian translation. I think the
problem is on gettext ..

----

I have a linux-debian server (sarge).

mail:/var/www/horde/po# ./translation.php update -l it_IT

---------------------------

Horde translation generator

---------------------------

Console_Getopt... OK

Console_Table... OK

File_Find... OK

Searching gettext binaries...

gettext... found: /usr/bin/gettext

msgattrib... found: /usr/bin/msgattrib

msgcat... found: /usr/bin/msgcat

msgcomm... found: /usr/bin/msgcomm

msgfmt... found: /usr/bin/msgfmt

msginit... found: /usr/bin/msginit

msgmerge... found: /usr/bin/msgmerge

xgettext... found: /usr/bin/xgettext

gettext version: 0.14.4 OK

Searching Horde applications in /var/www/horde/po/..

Found applications: horde, imp, nag, ingo, mnemo, turba, kronolith

Extracting from horde... not changed

Extracting from imp... not changed

Extracting from nag... not changed

Extracting from ingo... not changed

Extracting from mnemo... not changed

Extracting from turba... not changed

Extracting from kronolith... not changed

1) locale -a

it_IT at euro

it_IT.iso885915 at euro

POSIX

2) mail:/var/www/horde# strings /bin/tar | grep memory

memory exhausted

3) If I run the command (LANG=it_IT; LANGUAGE=it_IT; LC_MESSAGES=it_IT;
gettext horde "message" ) I should received "messaggio" but I received
"message" without translation.

... I tried with

(LANG=nl_NL; LANGUAGE=nl_NL; LC_MESSAGES=nl_NL; gtar "memory" )

Memory

Could you help me ?

Thanks

Marco