[horde] Bare minimum Apache/PHP modules needed

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Fri Aug 12 06:52:20 PDT 2005

The documentation for Apache/PHP tuning states:

"Only load as many Apache and PHP extensions as needed (to reduce memory
usage)."

Is there a list anywhere of what the bare minimum modules required?  Would the
PHP Module Capabilities in test.php serve as a starting point for PHP?  And for
Apache?

The issue is that most Linux distributions ship, to some degree, packages that
have a smorgasboard of stuff enabled, so as to work out of the box with as many
other packages as possible.  However, I'd like to compile/create stripped down
packages and configs and thought I'd see if there are any initial
recommendations, before doing the trial and error thing.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator