[horde] Broken SQL connection after DataTree setup

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Fri Aug 12 21:12:11 PDT 2005

I've been installing Horde and some of the modules and suddenly broke
my SQL when I went to configure Kronolith and install a DataTree.
Even though all of my settings use TCP instead of the mysql file
socket, all I'm getting now are errors about how Horde can't connect
to the database through the socket (running chrooted).  Can anyone
clue me in as to how to fix this?

Sample horde log entry:
Aug 12 23:59:08 HORDE [emergency] [horde] DB Error: connect failed:
[nativecode=Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/
run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)] ** Array [on line 1273 of "/htdocs/horde/
lib/Horde/DataTree/sql.php"]

And the relevant settings from /horde/config/conf.php:
$conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['sql']['persistent'] = true;
$conf['sql']['protocol'] = 'tcp';
$conf['sql']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['sql']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['sql']['password'] = 'H0rd3_P at ss';
$conf['sql']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['sql']['charset'] = 'iso-8859-1';
$conf['datatree']['params']['driverconfig'] = 'horde';
$conf['datatree']['driver'] = 'sql';

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon