[horde] Login problems

Roger Howorth roger at rogerh.com
Thu Aug 18 02:03:56 PDT 2005

Hi folks,

I've just installed Horde and imp but am having problems getting login &
authentication set-up correctly. I'm running Gentoo Linux with apache 2,
and downloaded the latest build tars from a Horde mirror and installed
them by hand.

Problems:
1) From Firefox browser running on a Windows client, accessing the main
horde URL causes the client to redirect to www.horde.org - no horde
framework is ever displayed.
2) From Safari on Mac OS X, when a user presses the login button the
browser URL changes to use localhost as the server name. As horde is not
running locally on the client PC the login always fails. In other
respects the horde framework appears to be working correctly.
3) From IE/Windows, accessing the horde login page produces a Windows
error page reporting "The page cannot be displayed" due to cannot find
server or DNS error.

Any clues or pointers to a solution would be gratefully received. Thanks.

-Roger.