[horde] Umlaut Problem

Marco Robertini marco.robertini at id.unibe.ch
Mon Aug 22 04:11:32 PDT 2005

Hello all,

I experience the following problem:

If someone receives an email which doesn't contain any information
about the charset it's written in, it's displayed with UTF-8 and
therefore umlauts, which are written in a different encoding, are not
displayed correctly. In our environment, the Western Latin 1
(ISO-8859-1) encoding is mostly used, thus I would prefer to use that
one. I also noticed, that Horde 3.0.5 displays all pages in UTF-8 as
well. I guess that's the root of the problem. Unfortunately, I
couldn't manage to set the charset to another default. In older
Versions of Horde (2.2.5) it worked fine, because the pages are all
encoded in Latin 1.

Does anyone know how to change the default encoding for Horde
webpages or for emails without charset information?

Thank for your help!
Marco

____________________________
Universität Bern