[horde] Horde sidebar vanishes after uncommenting hook

Wyvern ysgard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:59:40 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I'm using...
Horde-3.0.5
Ingo-1.0.1
Apache-2.0.54 (not chrooted)
on a Gentoo system.

I have an existing mail installation that uses postfix/courier-imap
with virtual domains. Users log in as <user>@<domain> to both postfix
and courier-imap in order to receive and send mail. Both systems
authenticate against an OpenLDAP directory.

I got Horde and Ingo set up, and both worked. I had horde setup to use
the LDAP directory directly, which resulted in two logins if I wanted
to use Imp.

Reading up on the issue, I told Horde to use Imp as the authentication
backend. This failed miserably, and examing the LDAP logs is appeared
horde was snipping the @<domain> part off the username before passing
it to Imp.

I checked the hooks.php file and noted that the hook
_passwd_hook_default_username, when uncommented and enabled, would
return the entire username at domain. I logged on, looked at the LDAP
logs, and success! IMP was successfully authenticating me.

However there's one problem: After logging in, the horde sidebar does
not show up. I don't know why. The Apache error log only reports:

[Thu Aug 25 14:57:47 2005] [notice] child pid 2817 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)
[Thu Aug 25 14:57:48 2005] [notice] child pid 2626 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

So I gather this is a problem with my PHP installation, as the Horde
website mentions that Horde will never create a segmentation fault
with a properly configured PHP.  My question is, how do I debug this?
Where do I start? mod_php doesn't appear to be verbose.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jan

--