[horde] Using SQLite

Jason Walton jwalton at mailworks.org
Tue Sep 6 19:06:25 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I've just gotten into poking around with Horde, and it seems quite
nice. I've got a test site up and running fine - checking email,
uploading Sieve scripts... really nice stuff. I've had a hard time of
using SQLite as my DB backend, though. I've MySQL successfully, but
it really seems to be overkill for this, and for a small-medium
installation, SQLite really seems ideal.

Anyway, I modified the create script to work with SQLite, and created
a database successfully. The sqlite command-line tool shows the
tables just fine. BTW, I'm using sqlite v.2 instead of 3, but I
seemed to have the same issue w/ 3.

Anyway, Horde gives an error when trying to display the datatree, and
shows no tables in the SQL shell. When I try to perform a "show
tables;" in the SQL Shell, I get an unknown error coughed up in the
browser window.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason