[horde] Clearing portal layout for a user

Mike Cisar mlists at starmania.net
Fri Sep 9 17:07:53 PDT 2005

Running Horde 3.0.5 here with preferences in MySQL.  I need to know how I
can clear the portal layout for a particular user.  Something seems to have
gotten corrupted as the user was changing their layout and now whenever you
try to display the portal, only the sidebar displays and the rest of the
screen is blank... so no top menu bar with an icon to change the layout :-)
I just want to set the layout back to default for that user and let them go
at it again.  I presume this can be done with some sort of SQL statement,
but I'm not a big SQL guy so I just need to have someone tell me what to
type HEHE.

This also brings up a completely unrelated thought.  Would it be possible to
come up with a sql script that could be run from the command line to clear
the remnants of a user out of the SQL database when the user is deleted from
the server (or do a dump of their data which could be restored if for some
reason the account was re-created).  We have a shell script that archives
the rest of a user's data when we delete the account, we'd just tack this
sql script into that process.  It strikes me that if one doesn't clean user
data out of the database when accounts get deleted, you could end up with a
lot of garbage and wasted space in one's database.

Thanks!