[horde] Strange problem with horde2/imp - empty pages

Stefan Sowa sowa+horde at rahmschnitzel.swoppen.com
Fri Sep 16 03:57:45 PDT 2005

Hello,

i've successfully used horde2 on Debian Woody for years. But now I have
a really big problem. I get no useful errormessages to solve this
problem. The Horde2 Page is empty with only php Notices / NO ERRORS. The
IMP page seems to be ok, but the login is not working.

The loglevel is E_ALL. The Horde Log contains "Sep 16 11:57:40 HORDE
[notice] [imp] Login success..."

When I call the URL: /horde2 the following happens:
 > Notice: Only variable references should be returned by
 > reference in /usr/share/horde2/lib/Auth.php on line 80
 >
 > Notice: Only variable references should be returned by
 > reference in /usr/share/horde2/lib/Prefs.php on line 144
(NO MORE OUTPUT)

When I call the URL: /horde2/imp the following happens:
 > Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
 > /usr/share/horde2/lib/Auth.php on line 80
 >
 > Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
 > /usr/share/horde2/lib/Prefs.php on line 144
 >
 > Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
 > (output started at /usr/share/horde2/lib/Auth.php:80) in
 > /usr/share/horde2/lib/Secret.php on line 144
 >
 > Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
 > /usr/share/horde2/lib/Prefs.php on line 144
 > Welcome to Horde
 > Username
 > Password
 > Language
(Seems to be ok)

If i try to login in IMP, i get the following:
 > Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
 > /usr/share/horde2/lib/Auth.php on line 80
 >
 > Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
 > /usr/share/horde2/lib/Prefs.php on line 144
 >
 > Warning: session_regenerate_id(): Cannot send session cookie - headers
 > already sent by (output started at /usr/share/horde2/lib/Auth.php:80) in
 > /usr/share/horde2/lib/Horde.php on line 886
 >
 > Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
 > /usr/share/horde2/lib/Cipher.php on line 113
 >
 > Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
 > /usr/share/horde2/lib/Cipher/BlockMode.php on line 48
 >
 > Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
 > /usr/share/horde2/lib/Cipher/BlockMode.php on line 48
 >
 > Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
 > /usr/share/horde2/lib/Cipher/BlockMode.php on line 48
 >
 > Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
 > /usr/share/horde2/lib/Prefs.php on line 164
 >
 > Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
 > (output started at /usr/share/horde2/lib/Auth.php:80) in
 > /usr/share/horde2/imp/redirect.php on line 106
(NO MORE OUTPUT)

Versions:
---------
PEAR INSTALLED PACKAGES:
===================
PACKAGE              VERSION STATE
Archive_Tar          1.1     stable
Console_Getopt       1.2     stable
DB                   1.6.2   stable
Date                 1.4.3   stable
HTML_Common          1.2.2   stable
HTML_Select          1.2.1   beta
HTML_Template_IT     1.1     stable
Mail                 1.1.9   stable
Mail_Mime            1.3.1   stable
Net_Socket           1.0.6   stable
Net_UserAgent_Detect 2.0.1   stable
PEAR                 1.3.5   stable
XML_Parser           1.2.6   stable
XML_RPC              1.3.1   stable

Debian Packages:
ii  php4           4.4.0-0.dotdeb
ii  php4-pear      4.4.0-0.dotdeb
ii  php4-pear-log  1.6.0-1.1
ii  php4-cli       4.4.0-0.dotdeb
ii  php-mail-mime  1.2.1-1
ii  php-imlib      0.4-3
ii  horde2         2.2.8-1
ii  imp3           3.2.6-3
ii  libmysqlclient 4.1.13-0.dotdeb
ii  mysql-client   4.0.24-10
ii  mysql-common   5.0.11beta-2.dotdeb
ii  mysql-server   4.0.24-10
ii  php4-mysql     4.4.0-0.dotdeb
ii  courier-imap   3.0.8-4sarge2
ii  courier-imap-ssl 3.0.8-4sarge2
ii  courier-base   0.47-4sarge2
ii  exim4-base     4.50-8

Help is very urgent. Please spend two minutes of your time ;-)

regards
Stefan