[horde] Horde 'lite'?

Tarjei Huse tarjei+a_lists.phpgw at nu.no
Fri Sep 16 05:39:43 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 11:59 +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Kevin Konowalec <kevin at ualberta.net>:
>
> > Is there a more static version of the horde templates?  One that
> > relies much less on PHP?  We have users that are still on dialup
> > connections and the it takes considerably longer to load an inbox in
> > Horde than it does in other systems that have mostly static code.
> > This problem really isn't a horde-speed issue... much more a network/
> > browser issue... but I'd like to try to accommodate those users if
> > it's possible.
>
> You are kidding, no?
Let me guess: You're having problems with the sidebar?

1. If your users only read their inbox, you could consider sending them
directly to imp without the sidebard.

2. It is possible (and not too hard) to disable the inbox reload. This
is the main problem - esp on IE.

3. I made a hack to the sidebar code so it only loads the toplevel
mailboxes. The patch has been posted to this list or dev I think so a
quick search should find it.

Kind regards,
Tarjei