[horde] Performance Problems with imp/horde

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Sat Sep 24 06:24:37 PDT 2005

Quoting Marc Bentje <noreply at htp-tel.de>:

> now ... the webmail runs properly ... without any obvious errors ...
>
> can someone tell me whatfor the 'history' is for ??

"The History:: class provides a method of tracking changes in Horde objects,
stored in a SQL table." (used by more than IMP by the way, but thats all that
you mention).

Check your value in IMP for $conf['maillog']['use_maillog'], which maintains a
history of messages you've replied, forwarded, redirected, etc.

The HEAD version of Horde has split out the history data to a separate
database
table and there's a script to migrate your history data out of the datatree
table.

Your decisions would be:

1)  Do I need to maintain history for IMP objects?  If no, disable maillog as
noted above.
2)  If yes (or even if no, because you'll pick up some performance in other
areas of Horde that maintain history), run the conversion script.  Beware -
this can take a very long time to run.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer