[horde] Process for handling name changes?

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Tue Oct 4 15:12:02 PDT 2005

Anyone come up with a clever process or script for touching all the places in
Horde that would be affected by a person who has had a name change?  I just
found all the places (I think) that are affected for a change we processed and
this user doesn't have a large quantity of shares or objects in shares.  But
this could be very cumbersome for a long time user, with lots of entries -
serializing and unserializing arrays, changing prefs, changing datatree (leave
history well alone :D

What about an idea of a Horde Alias, whereby one userid would inherit and
essentially retain the entries for another userid?  Leave all the old entries
intact, and do a logical OR between the current userid and an aliased id for
any searches done against preferences, the datatree or anything else that might
be stored tied to a userid..

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer