[horde] Horde2 and MySQL5

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Sun Oct 9 17:51:24 PDT 2005

Quoting zeeman <zeeman at gmx.net>:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using Horde2 with imp for a while now.
> Some days ago, I updated my MySQL-Server from 4 to 5.
> Now, I get several erros in Horde.
> I guess only the imp/imap-part of Horde works...
>
> I get always these messages in the log:
> Oct 09 21:35:41 HORDE [emergency] [horde] DB Error: connect failed:
> [nativecode=Client does not support authentication protocol requested by
> server; consider upgrading MySQL client] ** Array [on line 108 of
> "/usr/share/horde2/lib/Prefs/sql.php"]
>
> Is this a Horde-Problem or did I forget to update some MySQL-Libs?
> I'm using Debian Sid.

You need to read the MySQL upgrade documents, as its a MySQL issue.  As the
error message suggests, you are likely using a PHP MySQL module linked against
an older MySQL library.  You might be able to re-enable functionality by
setting the "old_passwords" option in your my.cnf file.  Or recompile or
install a newer PHP MySQL module that supports the new password scheme in
MySQL.  The change was in MySQL 4.0.X -> 4.1.X but if you were running 4.0.X
and upgraded to 5.0.X, you'd see the above error too.

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator