[horde] Styles not applied in Firefox

Sergey A. Lipnevich sergey at optimaltec.com
Fri Oct 14 07:53:28 PDT 2005

Hi Horde developers,

Before writing this I tried to find out if anybody is having the same
problem by searching through the lists, but didn't see anything relevant.

I have set up Horde 3.0.5, IMP 4.0.4-rc2, and some other Horde
applications, to work with lighttpd 1.4.5 and PHP 4.4.0 (via FastCGI) on
Linux. PHP's ini file is configured to use compression. The pages for
Horde or any other app are rendered as if they have no stylesheets, but
only in Firefox. IE and Safari render them fine (with tabs, pictures,
backgrounds, etc.), but any version Firefox I have access to (1.0.7 on
Linux, 1.0.7, 1.5b1, 1.5b2, on Windows) shows ugly background-less pages
that have usual top-of-the-page horizontal list of items going
vertically from top to bottom, and the same thing happens with tabs
also. The stylesheets appear to be served correctly, at least I can see
status code 200 for their GET requests in the HTTP access log.

I suspect that it may have something to do with compression, but simply
disabling it in php.ini doesn't seem to fix the problem.

I'd be grateful for any advice. Thanks!

Sergey.