[horde] database problem

Thorsten Bösch boesch at allar.net
Mon Oct 17 02:34:49 PDT 2005

I have a problem connecting horde with the mysql database. when i try to
access the database with horde, turba or kronolith i get the error:

DB Error: extension not found

[Zeile 503 von
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/horde/kronolith/lib/Driver/sql.php]
Details (auch in Hordes Logdatei):

object(db_error)(8) {
["error_message_prefix"]=>
string(0) ""
["mode"]=>
int(1)
["level"]=>
int(1024)
["code"]=>
int(-25)
["message"]=>
string(29) "DB Error: extension not found"
["userinfo"]=>
string(41) " [DB Error: extension not found] ** Array"
["backtrace"]=>
array(11) {
[0]=>
array(6) {
["file"]=>
string(25) "/usr/local/lib/php/DB.php"
["line"]=>
int(888)
["function"]=>
string(10) "pear_error"
["class"]=>
string(8) "db_error"
["type"]=>
string(2) "->"
["args"]=>
array(5) {
[0]=>
string(29) "DB Error: extension not found"
[1]=>
int(-25)
[2]=>
int(1)
[3]=>
int(1024)
[4]=>
string(32) " [DB Error: extension not found]"
}
}
[1]=>
array(6) {
["file"]=>
string(27) "/usr/local/lib/php/PEAR.php"
["line"]=>
int(557)
["function"]=>
string(8) "db_error"
["class"]=>
string(8) "db_error"
["type"]=>
string(2) "->"
["args"]=>
array(4) {
[0]=>
int(-25)
[1]=>
int(1)
[2]=>
int(1024)
[3]=>
string(32) " [DB Error: extension not found]"
}
[...]

I searched the mailing-list and found that a lot of people had the same
problem and the solution was either to recompile php --with-mysql and/or
to download the pear-extension DB.
Well, I did both, still it doesn´t work. The "Horde System Capabilities
Test" shows both "mysql support=yes" and "pear DB=yes". So I´m a little
bit helpless now. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thorsten

--

Thorsten Bösch
ALLAR Networks & Consulting GmbH