[horde] DB Error: extension not found

Thorsten Bösch boesch at allar.net
Wed Oct 19 00:22:50 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,
I have a problem. I installed Horde-3.0.5 with Kronolith-2.0.3 and
Turba-2.0.3 on a Suse 9.3 system with php-4.4.0 and mysql-4.1.10. The
Framework works fine as long as I do not access the horde database. If I
do that by trying to use use Kronolith or Turba I get the following error:

*DB Error: extension not found
*
[Zeile 503 von
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/horde/kronolith/lib/Driver/sql.php]
Details (auch in Hordes Logdatei):

object(db_error)(8) {
["error_message_prefix"]=>
string(0) ""
["mode"]=>
int(1)
["level"]=>
int(1024)
["code"]=>
int(-25)
["message"]=>
string(29) "DB Error: extension not found"
["userinfo"]=>
string(41) " [DB Error: extension not found] ** Array"
["backtrace"]=>
array(11) {
[0]=>
array(6) {
["file"]=>
string(25) "/usr/local/lib/php/DB.php"
["line"]=>
int(888)
["function"]=>
string(10) "pear_error"
["class"]=>
string(8) "db_error"
["type"]=>
string(2) "->"
["args"]=>
array(5) {
[0]=>
string(29) "DB Error: extension not found"
[1]=>
int(-25)
[2]=>
int(1)
[3]=>
int(1024)
[4]=>
string(32) " [DB Error: extension not found]"
}
}
[1]=>
array(6) {
["file"]=>
string(27) "/usr/local/lib/php/PEAR.php"
["line"]=>
int(557)
["function"]=>
string(8) "db_error"
["class"]=>
string(8) "db_error"
["type"]=>
string(2) "->"
["args"]=>
array(4) {
[0]=>
int(-25)
[1]=>
int(1)
[2]=>
int(1024)
[3]=>
string(32) " [DB Error: extension not found]"
}
[...]

The database itself seems to function, i can access it normally with the
shell. I compiled php --with-mysql, I installed the needed PEAR
extensions (DB, Log, Mail, Mail_Mime, Date), upgraded PEAR and
extensions to the current versions and i told Horde to use the unix
socket to connect to the database. The test.php of "Horde System
Capabilities Test" shows
*
PHP Module Capabilities*

    * Ctype Support: *Yes*
    * DOM XML Support: *Yes*
    * FTP Support: *Yes*
    * GD Support: *No*
    * Gettext Support: *Yes*
    * Iconv Support: *Yes*
    * IMAP Support: *Yes*
    * LDAP Support: *No*
    * Mbstring Support: *Yes*
    * Mcrypt Support: *No*
    * MIME Magic Support (fileinfo): *No*
      *The fileinfo PECL module or the mime_magic PHP extension (see
      below) will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the
      built-in Horde PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for
      information on how to install PECL/PHP extensions.*
    * MIME Magic Support (mime_magic): *Yes*
    * MySQL Support: *Yes*
    * OpenSSL Support: *Yes*
    * PostgreSQL Support: *No*
    * Session Support: *Yes*
    * XML Support: *Yes*
    * Zlib Support: *Yes*

*PEAR*

    * *PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path)*:
      /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/horde/lib:.:/usr/local/lib/php
    * PEAR: *Yes*
    * Recent PEAR: *Yes*
    * Mail: *Yes*
    * Mail_Mime: *Yes*
    * Log: *Yes*
    * DB: *Yes*
    * Net_Socket: *Yes*
    * Date: *Yes*
    * Auth_SASL: *Yes*
    * HTTP_Request: *No*
      *Parts of Horde (HTML composition in IMP, Jonah, the XML-RPC
      client/server) use the HTTP_Request library to retrieve URLs and
      do other HTTP requests.*
    * File: *No*
      *Horde will work without the File_CSV class, but there may be
      errors when importing some CSV files.*
    * Net_SMTP: *Yes*
    * Services_Weather: *No*

Everthing look ok for me. So what is the problem? I need to get this
thing done quickly, but I don´t know what to do, so if anyone has an
idea, please help me.

Thorsten