[horde] Trouble installing horde

Albert albert at fastworx.com
Tue Oct 25 00:07:17 PDT 2005

 Hi

I have installed a fresh SuSE 9.3 and updated the Kernel to
2.6.11.4-21.7-default.

I then compiled from source and installed:

- Apache 2.0.55   (to /www)

- PHP 4.4.0       (to /www/php)

- Zend Optimizer 2.5.10a

- Expat 1.95.8

- Gettext 0.14

- libmcrypt 2.5.7

- libpng 1.2.8

- mcrypt 2.6.4

- mhash 0.9.2

- openssl 0.9.8a

- subversion 1.2.3

- zlib 1.2.3

I then proceeded to install by extracting the .tar.gz files in the
DocumentRoot of the SSL side of my Apache installation, and renaming all the
.php.dist files to .php files in the respective config directories:

- Horde 3.0

- Chora 2.0.1

- Gollem 1.0

- Kronolith 2.0.4

- Mnemo 2.0.2

- Turba 2.0.4

I then browsed to HYPERLINK "https://%3cip%3e/horde/test.php"Error!
Hyperlink reference not valid.. What it tells me is missing

is:

- FTP Support (which I compiled into PHP)

- IMAP Support (Not needed as I'm not using IMP)

- LDAP Support (Not needed as I'm not using LDAP)

- MCAL Support (Going to use MySQL for the calendar)

- Mime Magic Support (which I compiled into PHP and installed the PECL

module)

- OpenSSL Support (Did not compile with PHP)

- PostgreSQL Support (I'm using MySQL)

Which of the above should I add? I did compile Mime Magic into PHP and

phpinfo() shows mime_magic is loaded. The "View loaded extensions" link
shows Mime Magic is loaded. But the test page shows it is not available.

The test page moans that I have memory_limit enabled. I'm not going to
disable this. What would be a good value to set the memory_limit to?

Currently it is set at 8MB.

The sessions value does increment.

In the PEAR module section it moans that DB 1.7.6 is not recent enough. The
installation says I need DB >= 1.6.0. Is there anything I can do about it?

It also moans that I do not have the weather module installed. I'm not going
to use it so why bother?

When running the Gollem tests, it tells me Horde is not installed. It says I
have version 3.0 and need version 3.0.0. What can I do about this?

Everytime I try to access the database, it came back with: DB Error:

insufficient permissions

I have used the horde/scripts/sql/create.mysql.sql script to create the
database. The only modification was to remove the password for the horde
user. On inspection it shows that the user does not have access to any
tables in the horde database. I then deleted the user from MySQL and created
it again with all privileges to the horde database.

Now it comes back with: DB Error: mismatch.

I was able to add groups though.

My authentication mode was set to "Let a Horde application handle
authentication" with horde as the application. I cannot add users as it says
my authentication backend does not support adding users. How do I fix this?

Albert