[horde] horde auth suceeds, imp auth fails, user thinks he's not logged in

alan walters alan at radiowave.ie
Wed Oct 26 16:52:42 PDT 2005

> > We're using hordeauth to log our uses into imp.  If the IMAP server is
> down
> > for some reason, the login to horde (via LDAP) succeeds, but the login
> > IMAP fails.  Unfortunately, the screen that appears is misleading
> because
> > it says "Login failed."  and presents the user with the
> > Username/Password/language options.  This is dangerous for us since
> users
> > may not realize that they have not been logged out of horde.  If a
> second
> > user inputs his/her information at this subsequent login screen the
> result
> > is person A's attributes with person B's mail.
> > Is there any way to _force_ a horde logout if the imp login fails?
>
> chuck> Why don't you just use IMP application auth?

[alan walters]
Authentication does a lot more with ldap. Address books other apps extra. As
you well know chuck.

I know I would also like to see this behaviour. Either that or no access to
an email sign whilst signed in. ie cannot login to horde as user A and ten
login to IMP as user B. Single sign in or no access to te application.