[horde] Problem creating and viewing non English folders via IMP

lkolchin@univ.haifa.ac.il lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il
Thu Oct 27 05:55:37 PDT 2005

Hello All,

When I create Imap folder in Hebrew lang. via Horde IMP it looks O.K. in the Horde IMP interface and I can work with it.
But when I use Outlook Express, this folder looks like gibberish.
The same happens if I create Hebrew named folder in OE or SquirrelMail, it looks like gibberish in Horde IMP interface.

I'm using Cyrus-Imap server on this system and IMP is on another server managed by another admin.

I believe that Horde IMP just don't use modified version of the UTF−7 encoding (this is the standart) for creating and viewing folders.
"See RFC2060 − section 5.1.3 − Mailbox International Naming Convention

By convention, international mailbox names are specified

using a modified version of the UTF−7 encoding."

How to make Horde IMP use modified version of the UTF−7 encoding to create and show non english folders?

Best Regards,

Leon Kolchinsky