[horde] unknown date problem

synrat synrat at wirewalk.org
Mon Oct 31 10:27:27 PST 2005

Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von synrat <synrat at wirewalk.org>:
>

>>messages with GMT set to 0000 don't get their
>>dates displayed properly in the mailbox list.
>>I see "unknown date" in the date field instead.
>>When I click on the message, then the full date header
>>is displayed properly in the "Date" field, including 0000 GMT.
>>I suppose this could be blamed on the mail client ( in this
>>specific case Blackberry PDA's built in e-mail ), not supplying
>>the correct GMT offset, but this behavior can only be observed in IMP.
>

> Date strings are parsed with PHP's strtotime() function in the mailbox
> view. If you get an unknown date, it's because PHP doesn't recognize it.
>
> Jan.

so it can't convert string to date because there are zeros in GMT offset
?? wouldn't that be a bug ?

from imp/mailbox.php

/* Formats the header date string nicely. */
     if (empty($h->date) || (($udate = strtotime($h->date, $curr_time))
== -1)) {

what does -1 do at the end of this line ? changing it to 1 or +1 seems
to fix this problem just fine.

here's an example of the difference between "non working" and "working"
date headers.

Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:41:22 +0000 GMT

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:00:00 -0500 (EST)