[horde] Rename users?

Robin Rainton robin at rainton.com
Tue Nov 1 21:22:25 PST 2005

Hi,

Have done a few searches on this and seems there's not immediate answer... to
put it simply, I'm looking for a way to rename users in the Horde system.

This need arises as we're looking at moving from an older system to new,
'proper' virtual hosts system. Ie:

Old user: fred
New user: fred at his.domain.com

I was hoping there was a way whereby a unique internal ID was related to the
login name in just one place. Sadly these seems spread all over the place
though. I've started to constuct a script a little like:

update hermes_timeslices set employee_id = '$new' where employee_id = '$old';
update kronolith_events set event_creator_id = '$new' where event_creator_id =
'$old';

etc. but hit a problem in the horde_datatree_attributes table, that seems
particularly complicated.

Has this been done before? Is there an easier way? Anyone have any advice or
other scripts that might be useful?

Apps in use are:

Address Book (turba)
Calendar (kronolith)