[horde] ***Fixed *** Folder funnies on Cyrus 2.2 & Virtual domains

Robin Rainton robin at rainton.com
Wed Nov 2 12:39:19 PST 2005

Hi,

I've seen this problem on both FC4 and RHEL4 systems and it was driving me mad.
The solution came to me while composing this so wanted to share:

Using Cyrus 2.2, virtual users (the big thing) in a move from standard setup.
This is in imapd conf:

autocreateinboxfolders:Sent Items|Trash|Drafts|Spam
autosubscribeinboxfolders:Sent Items|Trash|Drafts|Spam
unixhierarchysep: yes

Sure enough, when a user logs in, those folders are created. Horde can 'see'
these, they appear as options under 'Options for Mail/Server and Folder
Information'.

However, was no way Horde can be talked into using these folders. What is more
weird is that they did not appear under the folder list on the left or in the
'Folders' screen at any time. With subscriptions enabled or not.

I know the imap server is not broken because a regular imap client (Thunderbird
for example) works just fine.

The problem here is that in imp/config/servers.php the comment says:

 * folders: The folder path for the IMAP server.
 *          Common values:
 *            UW-IMAP               'mail/'  (note the trailing slash)
 *            Cyrus, Courier-IMAP   'INBOX.' (note the trailing dot)

I'm not using that, but I had this:

    'namespace' => 'INBOX.',

Ah-ha! Of course, with 'unixhierarchysep: yes' that doesn't work, you need this:

    'namespace' => 'INBOX/',

Now all is good. Phew!

Robin