[horde] Disabling a module via a hook

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Nov 2 16:00:56 PST 2005

Quoting Mike Place <mp at xmission.com>:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> We're migrating mail systems and as a result, we're dropping support for
> writing out procmail rules via the Vacation module and switching to a
> customized version of Ingo that writes them to a DB and then into
> timsieved. However, the migration is taking place over the course of a
> few weeks and as a result, some users will be on the new system while
> others remain on the old. We're routing IMAP connections by doing
> lookups to a MySQL database and returning simply a username if a user
> has been migrated and null if a user has not been migrated.  I have
> hooks running that work quite well to set the quota type and the address
> of the various mail servers based on the result of this lookup.
>
> Basically, what I want to be able to do now is to present a link to the
> Vacation module if a user is old the old mail system and I want the link
> removed if a user is on the new system. Thus, it isn't viable for us to
> really go to the trouble of tying all of this into the Horde user
> management system if it isn't necessary.

Gotcha - that makes sense.  Where are you looking to have the link show
up?  If you want it to show up in the preference screens or the top
menu, you could write something fairly simple that does a database
lookup and based on the results, switch the link to Vacation or Ingo.
It wouldn't be a Horde Hook, per se, but you could still implement the
logic therein and switch one way or the other based on your SQL lookup.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator