[horde] Authentication problems (possible bug ?)

aferreira@gaiajoy.com aferreira at gaiajoy.com
Mon Nov 7 09:56:53 PST 2005

Hi There!

I'm trying to develop code to, among other stuff, authenticate with
horde from a external application. As explain in the main docs, the
main code goes like this:
--------------

// Define path to Horde.
define('HORDE_BASE', '/var/www/html/horde');

// Load the Horde Framework core, and set up inclusion paths.
require_once HORDE_BASE . '/lib/core.php';

// Create the Registry object.
$registry = &Registry::singleton();

$auth = &Auth::singleton($conf['auth']['driver']);
$authenticated = $auth->authenticate('$imapuser', array('password' =>
'$pass'));

-----------------------------------

However I'm using imp for autentication; Put it this way, i'm
autenticating in horde, that autenticates itself in imp(driver
application imp) and then imp executes imap authentication (and then in
/etc/passwd or ldap). This avoids the double login issue in imp.

Sounds like a lot of authentication workflow, but through the framework
it really works like a charm. :)

Through the API it fails, stating this in the horde logs:

Nov 07 17:06:45 HORDE [emergency] [] imp does not provide an
authenticate() method. [on line 105 of
"/var/www/html/horde/lib/Horde/Auth/application.php"]

I'm almost sure autenticate() exists both in the horde api and in the imp one.

Either i'm not doing the call to the methods right or this is a
bug...or something else...
I'm using imp 4.0.4 and Horde 3.0.6

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

TIA,