[horde] translation problems w/ glibc 2.3.3 and later

liam hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Fri Nov 11 11:25:53 PST 2005

Hey guys -

I upgraded our test horde server to glibc 2.3.3 and noticed that
afterwards, the foreign language settings stopped working.  Neither
changes to $prefs['language'] nor UMICH specific changes we made to
po/en_US.po show up.

This machine normally runs apache 1.3.34, php 5.0.5 on a 2.4.31 kernel.

After upgrading, I tried recompiling gettext, iconv and php all to no
avail.  I've tried newer versions of gettext and iconv that we have in
production, and I've tried a later version of PHP (5.1.0RC4), but no
earlier versions of 5 or 4.

Any ideas?
Liam