[horde] Database performance problem with Horde3/IMP4 with large user base

Luc Germain Luc.Germain at USherbrooke.ca
Fri Nov 25 11:51:34 PST 2005

Hi,

to follow on the performance problem we reported a while back about
slow permission database queries, is there any chance to see the
permissions data out of the datatree and in its own table in release
3.1? Should I file an enhancement request in the bug system for this?

Thanks.

Luc.
--
Luc Germain, Support technique
Service des technologies de l'information

Selon Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:

> Quoting Luc Germain <Luc.Germain at USherbrooke.ca>:
>
>> Concerning the database performance problem reported last week for horde
>> v3 with a large user base, I did some simulations on our database, and
>> I can confirm that the requests that generate a heavy load on the
>> database server are those that evaluate permissions on the datatree
>> table, like this one:
>>
>> SELECT c.datatree_id, c.datatree_name FROM horde_datatree c LEFT JOIN
> [etc]
>
>> Apart from redesigning the database, the only way I see to support lots
>> of concurrent users would be to cache the results of these permissions
>> evaluation requests in the user session for some configurable time. Is
>> it a solution that would be acceptable to horde developers? Would it be
>> easy to implement?

[...]