[horde] Authentication to a Windows 2003 ADS

Dominaux, Craig C CCDominaux at cbe.ab.ca
Tue Nov 29 08:10:24 PST 2005

Hi Jon-Michael

I have over 100,000 Accounts authenticating to a Windows 2003 AD using
MIT Kerberos V5 Authentication.

Now the only Issue I have is 100,000 accounts in /etc/passwd use as a
verification that the account exists as well as Maildir Directory
Location. Now we run scripts every night to keep the passwd file
updated.

But Kerberos is another method to authenticate without having multiple
passwords to keep track of.

Craig Dominaux