[horde] Horde Config Error?

bob-horde@burnsnet.net bob-horde at burnsnet.net
Tue Dec 13 22:19:19 PST 2005

Folks,

I've got Horde version 3.0.8 running just fine (seemingly) using PHP Version
5.0.5, with just one problem.

I can't configure the thing through the Administration --> Setup --> Horde
(horde) 3.0.8 link.

When I visit the link, it shows me all of the settings correctly.  I select
each and every tab & that goes just fine, but the moment I hit "Generate
Configuration" (even without making ANY changes), I get the following error:
"There was an error in the configuration form. Perhaps you left out a
required field.".  Additionally, fields which were previously ok, are now
being shown on the form in RED with values which don't match my conf.php
file.

For example, on the General tab, the first setting is for error_reporting()
-- the conf.php file has E_ALL.  As soon as I hit the generate settings
button, it switches to E_ERROR and the description is highlighted in RED.

The permissions on the files in the config directory (and the directory
itself) are seemingly correct (i.e. owned root:apache, with chmod 0660).

This happened after an upgrade from PHP 4.x to 5.0, and from Horde 3.0.3 to
3.0.8.

I've tried starting with a new config and I get the same results.

Any suggestions on how to track this issue down?  Thanks,

- Bob