[horde] Minor issue with test.php

Josh Trutwin josh at trutwins.homeip.net
Wed Dec 28 07:12:47 PST 2005

I am FINALLY getting around to setting up a Horde 3 environment to
migrate both squirrelmail users and horde 2 users.  I just ran through
the installation process which is well documented.  I had one minor
complaint/bug with the test.php program.  I have my php built with
--enable-memory-limit.  But for horde I have the memory_limit set to
-1 in php.ini after having too many large attachment problems.
According to php's web site (http://www.php.net/ini.core):

memory_limit  integer

     This sets the maximum amount of memory in bytes that a script is
allowed to allocate. This helps prevent poorly written scripts for
eating up all available memory on a server. In order to use this
directive you must have enabled it at compile time. So, your configure
line would have included: --enable-memory-limit. Note that you have to
set it to -1 if you don't want any limit for your memory.

But when running test.php I get the following warning:

memory_limit disabled: No
If PHP's internal memory limit is turned on and if not set high enough
Horde will not be able to handle large data items (e.g. large mail
attachments in IMP). If possible, you should disable the PHP memory
limit by recompiling PHP without the "--enable-memory-limit" flag. If
this is not possible, then you should set the value of memory_limit in
php.ini to a sufficiently high value (Current value of memory_limit: -1).

If memory_limit is -1 test.php probably shouldn't complain like it
does here.

Thanks,

Josh