[horde] Merge/Channel Mail Folders/Accounts

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Fri Jan 6 04:05:33 PST 2006

_____/ On Fri 06 Jan 2006 09:47:43 GMT, [Jan Schneider] wrote : \_____

> Zitat von Roy Schestowitz <r at schestowitz.com>:
>
>>> I'm a bit confused... you want to 'forward' mail from one box to
>>> another but not
>>> through the MTA?
>>

>> The mail transport agent will re-direct mail items before they are
>> 'sanitised'.
>> What I was hoping to do is merge boxes, but apply different
>> filtering policies
>> depending on the "To:" header. Sadly, I can't instruct SpamAssassin or
>> BoxTrapper to have a condition which says "do your 'thing' only if
>> the message
>> is sent to address X". Instead, I enable them to a different and separate
>> account, but what they permit to get through remains in that isolated box.
>
> This could easily be done with a server side filter engine that
> supports redirection, for example Sieve.
>
> Jan.

I ended up solving my problem by using POP3 access from a desktop-side mail
client (Mozilla Thunderbird). This seems like an almost perfect solution. I
haven't had it set up for more than a couple of hours, so it may be too early
to judge. Thank you both very much for the help. Much appreciated as
you helped
me help myself think of a solution.

Roy