[horde] [announce] Horde 3.1-RC1
jan at horde.org
Wed Jan 4 13:23:54 PST 2006
The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first release candidate of the Hor=
Application Framework version 3.1.
The Horde Application Framework is a modular, general-purpose web applicatio=
framework written in PHP. It provides an extensive array of classes that ar=
targeted at the common problems and tasks involved in developing modern web
This is a preview version that should not be used on production systems. Th=
version is considered feature complete but a few bugs may still exist in the
Testing is requested and comments are encouraged.
Updated translations would also be great.
Major changes compared to the Horde 3.0 versions are:
* User changes:
- Support for expiring and resetting of passwords.
- Detection of "phishing" attempts in HTML MIME viewer.
- Improved synchronization support.
- "My Account Information" portal block.
- Link to options of all applications from the sidebar menu.
- Audio notifications.
- Improved accessibility.
- Improved support for right-to-left languages.
- New themes: Idea and High Contrast.
- New language: Icelandic.
- Improved import of CSV data.
- Dynamic table resorting.
* Administrator changes:
- Compatible with PHP 5.1.
- Support for alternate login screens and redirection on logout.
- Separate DB table for much improved performance of History library.
- Improved caching.
- Support for counting and listing of active sessions.
- More flexible permissions for application features.
- Support for fixed portal blocks.
- Support for sending problem reports to ticket systems.
* Developer changes:
- Library additions: imtest driver for IMSP, REST driver for RPC, Samb=
driver for VFS, LDAP driver for Group, and Generic SMTP driver for S=
- Several new field types for Form library.
The full list of changes (from version 3.0.9) can be viewed here:
The Horde 3.1-RC1 distribution is available from the following locations:
Patches against version 3.0.9 are available at:
Or, for quicker access, download from your nearest mirror:
MD5 sums for the packages are as follows:
The Horde Team.
Horde announcements mailing list
You are subscribed to this list as: eric at gatenby.org
To unsubscribe, mail: announce-unsubscribe at lists.horde.org
More information about the horde