[horde] Kolab spamassassin

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Mon Jan 23 12:23:38 PST 2006

Hi all.

This is my first post to the list, so I apologize if my question isn't quite
on topic...

I'm using Kolab for my email server, and currently just accessing it through
IMAP (not full Kolab integration, yet).  I've set up Horde on a separate
server, and it's working more or less fine.

Now, when I had horde set up on the same server, I was able to utilize Kolab's
Spamassassin (via IMPs Message and Spam configuration page).  But this
doesn't seem possible if Horde is set up on a separate server.  So, I'm
looking for suggestions on how I can make this happen.

A couple of thoughts were to bounce mail to a specific email address and treat
everything at that address as spam.  But I don't really see a simple way to
do this, though the page hints at it.  Or, maybe set up NFS and mount the
Kolab partition on the web server, then use it that way?  This seems very
overkill and possibly insecure to me though...

Does anyone else have this configuration and found a way to use Kolab's
spamassassin?  If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Shawn