[horde] Successful iCal import?

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Thu Jan 26 06:06:16 PST 2006

I apologize for crossposting, but I didn't get a response to this on
the Kronolith list.  If anyone has any experience with the iCalendar
import functionality in Kronolith, I'd like to figure this problem out
-- it stands between us and adoption of Horde.

I've been unable to get an iCal file to import into Kronolith.  The
file was exported from Sun's Calendar Express, and displays properly
in PHP-iCalendar, so I'm reasonably sure that it's a valid iCal file.
When I try to upload it to Kronolith through the web interface, I get:

You have specified an invalid calendar.

I tried using the CLI import_icals.php script, but that just hung
indefinitely -- I let it run for about 16 hours before I ^C'd it.  My
test calendar is pretty simple and small: it's only about 350 lines,
with 9 events.  Is it possible that Sun's calendar creates a
non-standard ("embraced and extended") iCal output?  Anyone have any
idea how I might need to munge it to let Kronolith read it?

Thanks!

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University