[horde] Global categories

Ed Form ed.form at workgroupsolutions.co.uk
Sun Feb 5 12:02:21 PST 2006

Craig White wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 17:28 +0000, Ed Form wrote:
>
>>I asked about system-wide categories a few days ago and Jan Schneider was
>>good enough to answer with...
>>
>> > You can set default values for category names and colors
>> > in horde/config/prefs.php.
>>
>>I've looked at this and can't see where or in what form I would do this.
>>Can anyone suggest an example? For example I want to add a category 'Key
>>dates' and colour it '#d11b00'
>
> ----
> http://wiki.horde.org/CustomizingPreferences?referrer=HowTo
>
> see the 'horde' section

Thanks Craig, I looked, and, to be blunt, the code is completely beyond
my understanding - one of the lines is 10 screens wide!

There was a clue, however, the author of the code said that he'd
modified stuff in his 'admin' user and then cut and pasted the code to
the correct preferences file.

Does anyone know where I will find the entries that correspond to a new
category in the admin user of my system? Hopefully, with just one or two
new categories the code will be a bit simpler to follow.

Ed Form
Ed Form