[horde] convert to ssl

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 7 08:56:38 PST 2006

Quoting Kosala Atapattu <kosalaa at carcumb.com>:

>> > Is it a configuration within Horde, or within Apache ?
>>
>> Both.
>
> AFAIK this is only apache, ALA you maintain the ServerName tag set in
> apache. I've been using horde with https for more than two years now
> with two different VirtualHosts in apache (one for my internal network,
> regular http, and other one for outside internet access which is using
> https, with a different ServerName). But I did not change any setting
> for Horde in this setup.

Hey, if it works for you great.  Personally, I _do_ change the horde
settings which tell it how to generate urls.  But this may be particular
to my setup frankly.  I guess it depends on what kind of ssl support you
want/need.

In any case, any Horde modifications are trivial, and most of the work
is in the web server and certificates.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics