[horde] Fileinfo PECL module not found?

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Tue Feb 7 09:35:50 PST 2006

horde-3.0.9
pecl-fileinfo-1.0.2
FreeBSD 4.11

Okay just getting used to things here.  I am trying to figure out why the
horde's test.php file is still telling me that "IME Magic Support
(mime_magic): No --- The fileinfo PECL module (see above) or the mime_magic
PHP extension will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the
built-in Horde PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how
to install PECL/PHP extensions."

I have gracefully restarted apache after the pecl-fileinfo module installation
and still there is an error.

--- snip ---

# pkg_info | grep pecl
pecl-fileinfo-1.0.2 A PECL extension to retrieve info about files
# grep "fileinfo.so" /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini
extension=fileinfo.so

--- snip ---

clues please?

cheers,