[horde] test.php issue (newbie)

Mark Worsdall horde at worsdall.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 8 14:06:13 PST 2006

In message <20060206203515.g4xo2pqkvncws8co at mail.ph.utexas.edu>, Eric
Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu> writes
>Quoting Noah <admin2 at enabled.com>:
>
>> I just installed horde 3.0.9 on a FreeBSD 4.11 machine.  The test.php file is
>> telling me that "memory_limit disabled: No" and I just recompiled without
>> enable-memory-limit switch but still the test.php file claims that
>> memory_limit is not disabled.  any clues here?
>>

>You can set this in your php.ini file (usually /etc/php.ini).
>You'll need to restart the web server for it to effect...

Did that work? I have the same problem and have asked on the freeBSD
usenet, had no reply yet?

I did not recompile or anything like that, I used the ports packages and
left it as normal, but have altered the php.ini, upping it to 40M and
then restarted the apache server.

BUT: the php test page states: local 16M and master 40M

The reason I am upping it was to get round a problem with downloading
large attachements within IMP, 7Mb fail and we just get a blank screen,
however 2Mb < attachemtns download fine.

the php.log states:

[07-Feb-2006 10:14:56] PHP Fatal error:
Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted
(tried to allocate 7155407 bytes) in
/[snip cos I am paranoid]/horde/imp/lib/MIME/Contents.php on line 149

which is why I was upping it to see if that made a difference, however I
believe something else is wrong somewhere else, one of these????

FreeBSD
Apache
php
pear
horde
imp

Some more information:

PHP Version 4.4.2

FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE #0: Wed Sep i386
Build Date      Feb 7 2006 10:25:31

Configure Command       './configure' '--enable-versioning'
'--enable-memory-limit' '--with-layout=GNU'
'--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/etc/php' '--disable-all'
'--with-regex=php' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/apxs'
'--prefix=/usr/local' 'i386-portbld-freebsd4.11'

Server API      Apache
Virtual Directory Support       disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path       /usr/local/etc/php.ini
Scan this dir for additional .ini files         /usr/local/etc/php
additional .ini files parsed    /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini
PHP API         20020918
PHP Extension   20020429
Zend Extension  20050606
Debug Build     no
Zend Memory Manager     enabled
Thread Safety   disabled
Registered PHP Streams  php, http, ftp, compress.zlib

                 Local   Master
memory_limit    16M     40M

--
Mark Worsdall