[horde] ingo + sieve config

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Wed Feb 15 12:45:47 PST 2006

Hello!

I'm trying to get Ingo (FRAMEWORK_3) going on a server running Cyrus IMAPD
2.2.12. Cyrus IMAPD, timsieved and the web server running Horde apps are all
running on the same machine. The timsieved is listening on localhost (port
2000) and seems to be working properly. I created a user called test_user
for testing Ingo, and this user can successfully authenticate to timsieved
from command line:

sieveshell -u test_user -a test_user localhost.

However, when I try to create filter rules with Ingo, I get this Horde error
message upon clicking the 'Save' button:

There was an error activating the script. The driver said: Connection refused.

This is probably because I can't quite figure out what I should put into
backends.php. I removed all the examples except the Sieve example and tried
to modify that one. I currently have the following:

$backends['sieve'] = array(
     'driver' => 'timsieved',
     'preferred' => 'mydomain.com',
	// actually, it's my real domain name
     'hordeauth' => true,
     'params' => array(
         // Hostname of the timsieved server
         'hostspec' => '127.0.0.1',
         // Login type of the server
         'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
         // Port number of the timsieved server
         'port' => 2000,
         // Name of the sieve script
         'scriptname' => 'ingo',
         // The following settings can be used to specify an administration
         // user to update all users' scripts.
         // 'admin' => 'cyrus',
         // 'password' => '****',
         // 'username' => Auth::getAuth(),
     ),
     'script' => 'sieve',
     'scriptparams' => array()
);

Even after reading the comments in the beginning of backends.php, I'm still
not sure what the 'preferred' field actually should be. I also tried
uncommenting the 'admin', 'password' and 'username' fields (replacing ****
with the actual password of the cyrus user), but this hasn't helped. I can
see no error messages in PHP or Apache error logs. However, this message
appears in Cyrus IMAPD log:

imap[2421] login: localhost [127.0.0.1] test_user CRAM-MD5 user logged in

So "something" actually is able to connect, but OTOH there is the
"Connection refused" message...

If anyone is running a configuration similar to mine and has an example of
working backends.php for Cyrus Sieve, it would be appreciated.

--
... When you are arguing with a stupid person, make sure he isn't doing the
same.