[horde] User template

Chris grooveman at comcast.net
Sat Feb 25 10:47:23 PST 2006

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has played around with this idea.

I am using horde 3.0.9.  I have set it to use imp for authentication,
but I still use the mysql backend to manage settings and permissions
etc.   I am not that strong of a mysql guy, so I hope someone can help
me with this.

It seems that my users do not care for the defaults of most Horde
components.  Setting them all up by hand is extremely time consuming.
What I would like to do is set up a bogus user as an empty template.  I
figure (with a little help) I could dump all the database settings for
this user to a .sql file.  Every time I add a new user, I could just do
a find and replace on the user name in the .sql file, then pipe the file
back into mysql.  This way, I would not have to change every user by
hand through the web interface.  (there might be a couple other changes
I must do aside from just user name, I don't know, I hope someone can
help here too).

Maybe someone has thought of a better way of doing this, but I was just
wondering...

Chris