[horde] Context-sensitive menu options in sidebar

Joaquim Homrighausen joho at webbplatsen.se
Wed Mar 1 00:00:32 PST 2006

I have been thinking about how to make the various Horde applications
less "cluttered". Some of the applications are *very* competent and
feature rich, IMP being one of them.

This, of course, is good.

But it also presents a "problem" when it comes to presenting a simple
layout for users that may not need/want/care for all the functionality.
Another "problem" with the number of options presented, is the space
requirement (horizontally) for all the top menu items to fit.

Some items that are present on the top menu may make sense in the
sidebar only, or also. But I was also thinking along the lines of
context sensitive items in the sidebar; such as "Search", "Problem", and
"Help". Would this be a possibility?

I have no patches, nor is it likely I would have since I still haven't
made any progress in getting myself acquainted with the framework; I'm
just trying to figure out various ways of presenting the Horde
environment in a more professional way (and this often means simplifying
things).

-joho