[horde] Fwd: Re: A question about unserialize adb Private Addressbooks

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Mar 3 01:49:13 PST 2006

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von ron.hall at mcgill.ca -----
      Datum: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 10:05:37 -0500
        Von: Ron Hall <ron.hall at mcgill.ca>
Antwort an: Ron Hall <ron.hall at mcgill.ca>
    Betreff: Re: [horde] A question about unserialize adb Private Addressbooks
         An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Ron Hall <ron.hall at mcgill.ca>:
>
> > Howdy
> >
> > I posted last week about a tool for extracting Private Addressbooks into
> > text for import.
> > I realized that while this maybe a solution to my problem, the real
> > problem lay in the
> > inability for the perfs.php portion of Turba to unserailize that data
> > properly. This was
> > due in part to some accented characters and some smart quotes that had
> > been converted
> > at some point in the process to <92> encoding (that is to say it turned
> > into what looks like
> > a hex 92). Needless to say hand patching is a possibility, but I was
> > wondering if there were
> > options to unserailize that might get it over these problems.
>
> To be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about.

     We have moved from IMP2.X to Current IMP
     In the process the postgres database got updated and
     as a result we have some "odd" encodings of characters
     in the prefbooks preference variable. As a result the
     unserialize function chokes and fails. As a result the
     end user does not see their Private Addressbook.
     I've tried and convince the helpdesk folk to encourage
     the use of the Turba subsystem.

     The question at the moment is how to fix all the characters
     in the prefbooks that are causing the unserialize function
     to choke. Right now I'm doing them on a case-by-case basis.

     As for the tool for converting - I beileve I can cobble this
     together, but if one existed it would save some time.

     Thanks for the response.

> Jan.

> http://horde.org/consulting/

Jan.