[horde] "Only variable references error" - Wiki info not correct?

S. Petty spetty01 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 22:31:23 PST 2006

I'm getting this error on a number of pages:

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in
/usr/local/lib/php/DB/common.php on line 1555

Checking the FAQ in the Wiki, it has the following explanation:

These messages appear after upgrading to PHP 4.4 or PHP 5.1. These PHP
versions raise notices about reference usage that older version accepted
happily. Only Horde 3.x and the H3 application versions will be fixed to
not cause this messages, so either upgrade to the latest versions, or
set your error reporting level in PHP to exclude E_NOTICE level messages.

I'm using 3.0.9 though, and am still getting the messages.  Is this
something that hasn't been fixed yet?

Sean