[horde] SyncML Client Error & General Questions

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at compunetconsulting.com
Tue Mar 7 20:13:58 PST 2006

Hello.

It's been a long time since I've looked at Horde, and wow, it has come a
long way!

One of the things that piqued my interest was the SyncML support.  I've
been evaluating other groupware solutions, so I decided to test out the
SyncML support in Horde.

What I did was download and install Horde 3.1, Turba and Kronolith 2.1.
I configured everything and created some test contacts and test calendar
entries.

I'm referencing the following Wiki page: http://wiki.horde.org/SyncHowTo
but I'm having some problems (of course, right?)

Anyways, I wasn't able to get the Palm simulator working because for
some reason I couldn't get TCP/IP on it, so I had a Blackberry simulator
downloaded and setup with the Funambol connector installed.  When I set
it up and tried to sync, it displayed the following error:

Synchronization failed: String index out of range: -9

I've attached the horde.log snippet from when the device conducts the
sync along with the xml's generated in /tmp/sync.

I am noticing some oddities when I try to do certain things, so I'm not
100% sure I have the SyncML setup in Horde correctly.  For example, if I
goto http://server/horde/rpc.php/services/portal/syncml.php, I just get
an empty file.  Is there a way I can check to see what Horde is pushing
to the client by going to /horde/rpc.php/<something>/calendar or
contacts?  Everything I'm trying just ends up being empty.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Mike